- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup process cheese sauce
- Place the cauliflower, broccoli and carrots in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender.
- Drain vegetables. In a large bowl, combine soup, milk and cheese sauce. Add vegetables and mushroom mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Baked Vegetable Medley
"Have had recipe saved for quite some time, however, this is my first review/comment: absolute hit with my family. I don't make as often as I ought to, though. Thank you for sharing, TOH! As for cheese sauce, prefer to make own."
"I get requests to make this dish each Thanksgiving and Christmas. A definite hit with friends and family. I wouldn't recommend using frozen vegetables though as the dish get's too soggy like. Fresh vegetables are the way to go! You can cut the chopping time down by buying pre-cut vegetables in a bag."
"Very good love the fresh veggies. will make again"
"I wasnt sure about the process cheese sauce so used a 3 cheese sauce and it worked fine, very yummy! I think i will try it with the con queso cheese next time, that sounds good!"
"Nice and tasty. I don't like process cheese, so I made my own cheddar cheese sauce (white sauce with extra sharp cheddar cheese). I wanted to serve for supper, so I did not cover and refrigerate overnight. I only refrigerated it for a couple of hours. I also topped with some cheddar cheese before baking. It was very good. I will definitely make this again."