If you get all the chopping done the night before, it’s smooth sailing when company arrives the next day. “Just prepare this casserole in advance, and bake at serving time,” suggests Linda Vail of Ballwin, Missouri.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup process cheese sauce
- Place the cauliflower, broccoli and carrots in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender.
- Drain vegetables. In a large bowl, combine soup, milk and cheese sauce. Add vegetables and mushroom mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Baked Vegetable Medley in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p8
Reviews for Baked Vegetable Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review