Baked Sweet Onion Rings Recipe
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- Place egg substitute in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Dip onion rings into egg, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Sweet Onion Rings(5)
Sort By :
Could not get the breadcrumbs to stay on the onion rings - how do you get them to look like the picture? The taste was good, but presentation was not appealing.
All the breading fell off when I baked them. I loved the onion and I loved the batter, but they didn't stick together.
While I appreciate that these are baked and not fried, and hence lower calorie, these were just boringly bland. I found myself peeling off the tasteless batter and simply eating the soft sweet onion inside. If I were to make these again, I would cut way back on the breadcrumbs, and add lots of seasonings (cajun seasoning, cayenne, garlic powder, etc.)
These were rather bland tasting, but I will try them again using something else to spice them up a bit before I say no I won't try again.
Great onion rings.Will be making this recipe for an up coming party. It was Big hit in the in the kitchen. Real easy recipe! Thanks!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Onion Rings >