- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 2-1/4 cups ginger ale
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine ginger ale, brown sugar, honey and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until glaze is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup for sauce.
- Baste ham with some of the remaining glaze. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with additional glaze. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Baked Ham with Honey-Chipotle Glaze
Sort By :
Served this on Easter Sunday . Everyone loved it. They asked me to make it this way every year. The only thing I did differently was cook it in the slow cooker, 7 hours on low and then kept it on warm setting until we were ready to eat. I put 1/2 of the glaze on in the beginning of cook time and the other 1/2 halfway through cook time. I did reserve 1 cup of glaze to serve with ham as recipe suggested.
Made this for a big family function. What a hit! I made a double batch of the sauce which people wanted to eat by itself and we just kept talking of ALL the other foods it would be great on!! Yummy!
We just had this for the second time. We love the glaze! It is so easy to make and really adds a nice flavor to the ham.
A simple and delicious recipe! A go to for every holiday!
Diane Higgins, Tampa, FL