Raspberry-Chipotle Glazed Ham
Looking to liven up your same-old holiday ham? Try this recipe, which features a sweet and spicy sauce.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (9 to 10 pounds)
- 2-1/4 cups seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, drained, seeded and minced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 hours;.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the jam, vinegar, peppers and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Brush some of the sauce over ham. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until thermometer reads 140°, brushing twice with sauce. Sprinkle pepper over ham. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 342 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1852mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein.
Sep 29, 2013
MY FAMILY ENJOYED THIS GLAZE. IT IS SPICY BUT SWEET. WE ALSO TRIED IT ON PORK LOIN AND IT WAS DELISHIOUS. WE WILL DEFINETLY USE THIS RECIPE AGAIN - IT'S A KEEPER!
Dec 8, 2012
This was a hit. I'd cut the sauce recipe down though.