Your Easter celebration will be so simple to orchestrate with this sweet, smoky ham recipe at your fingertips. It feeds a crowd and tastes fantastic. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 2-1/4 cups ginger ale
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine ginger ale, brown sugar, honey and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until glaze is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup for sauce.
- Baste ham with some of the remaining glaze. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with additional glaze. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Baked Ham with Honey-Chipotle Glaze in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p15
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Baked Ham with Honey-Chipotle Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review