Pesto and focaccia bread make this pretty sandwich deliciously different from most deli sandwiches. This is great to serve at football parties and other group gatherings. —Mary Humeniuk-Smith, Perry Hall, Maryland
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) focaccia bread
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/4 pound sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/4 pound sliced deli pastrami
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cut focaccia horizontally in half; spread pesto over cut sides. On bread bottom, layer the ham, turkey, pastrami, cheese, onion and tomato. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Replace bread top; wrap sandwich in foil.Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Deli Focaccia Sandwich in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p49
Reviews for Baked Deli Focaccia Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review