- 1 loaf (12 ounces) focaccia bread
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/4 pound sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/4 pound sliced deli pastrami
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cut focaccia horizontally in half; spread pesto over cut sides. On bread bottom, layer the ham, turkey, pastrami, cheese, onion and tomato. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Replace bread top; wrap sandwich in foil.Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Baked Deli Focaccia Sandwich
"we loved this, have made it several times!"
"A favorite among the men I've made it for. I buy the focaccia at Panera and it is just an easy satisfying sandwich with a unique presentation. Ingredients can easily be interchanged for others to preference or availability."
"I've made this recipe many times. It bakes longer than the recipe calls for though. I buy the focaccia bread from Panera. There's is the best."
"I, too, made some adjustments to this recipe. I used a cheese bread b/c Walmart was out of focaccia. We prefer provolone cheese and hard salami to American cheese and pastrami. I forgot to add the Italian seasoning but I didn't miss it. This is a great, simple sandwich that can be changed to suit any tastes. A big hit!"
"I didn't have all/couldn't find all the ingredients so I ended up making adjustments such as instead of focaccia bread, I got some hamburger sourdough bread from the bakery, used salami instead of pastrami and used sun dried tomato pesto. If you are looking for a good, flavorful sandwich this is it!! I can only imagine how good it would be on the focaccia bread!!! Definitely a KEEPER!!!!"