- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Fajitas
"Love how easy this recipe is. I tend not to add the salt and add 1/2t garlic powder and 1/2t oregano."
"Easy and delicious."
"Great taste! My picky daughter even enjoyed it! Easier than preparing on the stove top."
"Very easy and delicious! Great flavor! If you wanted a little less spice you could use plain diced tomatoes."
"A working or busy Mom's kind of dish. Easy peasy and most importantly tasty too!"
"We loved this, so easy & yummy! Will be making this one again! Thanks!"
"This was easy and delicious. I had to make something quick and had most of these ingredients on hand. I had to substitute salsa for the tomatoes, but thought it did the trick."
"Loved it! The simplicity is the best part."
"This is a weeknight staple for us & I love that it only requires one dish -- fast, easy, & so yummy!I love it so much, I shared about making my version, in a recent blog post:http://mydarlingdays.blogspot.com/2015/05/make-baked-chicken-fajitas.html?_sm_au_=iVVs0PcHkMckLSMr"
"This recipe was quick and good. I enjoyed being able to just throw it together and put it in the oven when i was ready to eat! I added some zuccini fresh from my garden."