“This oatmeal bake is a staple in our home. It's very easy to prepare the night before, just keep the dry and wet ingredients separate until ready to bake. I've tried a variety of fruits, but the blueberry and peach is our favorite.” —Rosemarie Weleski, Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg whites, egg, milk, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and stir until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in peaches and blueberries.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with additional milk if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Baked Blueberry & Peach Oatmeal in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p33
Reviews for Baked Blueberry & Peach Oatmeal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review