Baked Blueberry & Peach Oatmeal Recipe
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg whites, egg, milk, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and stir until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in peaches and blueberries.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with additional milk if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Baked Blueberry & Peach Oatmeal
Sort By :
"We just tried this for the first time - it was easy to make and delicious! I followed the recipe, except I added cinnamon. I can't wait to try it again and vary the fruit (maybe apples & raisins)."
"This recipe ROCKS!! I am a member of MyFitnessPal.com, so I do count all of my calories...and have an aunt that is diabetic. I made a few changes to this recipe...I used applesauce instead of oil, Splenda Brown Sugar (1/4 cup) instead of regular and used 3 servings of Egg Beaters instead of real eggs. After mixing it all together, I divided the batter into 12 equal servings in my Brownie pan and baked them for about 30 minutes. After they cooled, I froze them on a cookie sheet so that I could just grab one and go when I need to. Doing it this way, they worked out to have 121 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 22 carbs and 5 protein per *bar*. We all had one for breakfast this morning..and they were WONDERFUL!! I will definitely be making this a staple in my house!!!"