- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg whites, egg, milk, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and stir until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in peaches and blueberries.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with additional milk if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Baked Blueberry & Peach Oatmeal
"I would make this again in a heartbeat!"
"Great breakfast. Tried it with raisins."
"I have made this three times for guests that are visiting. It is very simple to make. I used a cup of mixed berries with the peach the last time I made it and it was very well received. I also added some 'baking spice' from Penzey's spices which was a mixture of cinnamon, cardamon and cloves. The worst part of this recipe is waiting the 30 minutes for it to bake!"
"We just tried this for the first time - it was easy to make and delicious! I followed the recipe, except I added cinnamon. I can't wait to try it again and vary the fruit (maybe apples & raisins)."