Fresh green beans are wrapped in bacon and covered in a sweet sauce in this fast and simple side dish. “Every time I take these green bean bundles to a luncheon or family dinner, people beg me for the recipe," notes Julie Hewitt from Union Mills, Indiana.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans
- 4 bacon strips
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon soy sauce
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove to paper towels.
- Drain beans; place about 12 beans on each bacon strip. Wrap bacon around beans and secure with a toothpick. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, garlic salt and soy sauce; brush over bundles. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p54
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review