- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 loaf (about 1 pound) French bread
- 3/4 pound sliced deli smoked turkey
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 12 cooked bacon strips
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and basil. Cut French bread horizontally in half; spread cut surfaces with mayonnaise mixture.
- Layer bottom half of bread with turkey, cheese, apple and bacon; replace top of bread. Cut into eight slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Bacon-Turkey Subs
"Used leftover turkey I had stashed in the freezer. We don't eat mayo, so combined the basil with greek yogurt. Great lunch, will definitely make them again."
"Great sandwich. I couldn't really taste the apples, so I might have sliced to thin. the hubby really liked the mayo-basil spread. I did also add ham, so that I could use up what we had in the fridge. Very easy and fast to make."
"The apples added a great flavor and crunch to the sub! I never would have thought of adding apples before. This recipe is definitely a keeper for me. It helped me get dinner on the table in a jiffy!"