- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bacon strips, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt. In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Saute onion and mushrooms in drippings. Return chicken to the pan. Top with bacon, onion, mushrooms and pepper Jack cheese.
- Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Jack Chicken
"This was great! I bake my bacon in the oven. Comes out nice flat and straight. Poured bacon grease into pan for the onions. Thinking I might bake the chicken next time. Have hubby on a low carb diet. Served with saut?ed zucchini and polenta with blue cheese. Yummy dinner!"
"Delicious recipe!!! I used chicken tenders and precooked bacon. It was easy to prepare...just the type of recipe to have for "company". I will definitely be making this again...and again!!!"
"Who can go wrong with bacon, mushrooms and cheese."
"I made these for dinner last night but substituted cheddar for pepperjack cheese and used precooked bacon. Dinner was done in no time! I would definitely make this again!"
"I made these for dinner last night but I substituted cheddar cheese for the pepper jack and used the precooked bacon. dinner was done in no time! They were delicious and I would definitely make them again!"