- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 teaspoons sugar
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cauliflower, bacon, cheese, green pepper and onion. Combine the mayonnaise and sugar; spoon over cauliflower mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Cauliflower Salad
Sort By :
"I've made this several times and I LOVE it! I'm on Atkins and it fits in nicely with the low carb diet. I will make this in place of potato salad from now on. I used 3 T of granulated Splenda instead of sugar and used 4 green onions instead of a regular onion.. It tastes good with green or red bell peppers. And I agree with the previous reviewer....a pound of bacon is a lot. I used 8 striips. I also added appx 2/3 cup frozen peas. Yum!"
"A delicious salad but a pound of bacon is overkill to me, and I love bacon! I also cut the mayonnaise and sugar in half and it is still a great salad but with a lot less sugar and calories. I add purple cabbage and shredded carrots to mine for some extra color."
"Heaven on earth! I crave this salad every couple months and have to make it! I do lessen the amount of onion. Wonderful."
"Delicious salad and very quick to make with just a few ingredients."
"Very good salad! I used colby-jack cheese, red onion and 2 tablespoons sugar."