Bacon Broccoli Salad Recipe
Here in the hot Florida sun, we appreciate refreshing no-fuss salads like this. It's a popular side dish at church potlucks and picnics.
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the bacon, broccoli, raisins and sunflower kernels; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar; pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Stir before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 503 calories, 40 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC