I tried to create this sandwich from one my daughter had at a local restaurant. Now she has me make it instead. She likes to dip her sandwich in the extra honey mustard sauce. —Marilyn Moberg, Papillion, Nebraska
Featured In: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard and honey. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle chicken with steak seasoning. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Top with cheese during the last 1 minute of cooking.
- Grill buns over medium heat, cut side down, for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve chicken on buns with bacon, mayonnaise mixture and, if desired, lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon & Swiss Chicken Sandwiches in Light Recipes 2015, p67
Reviews for Bacon & Swiss Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2017
"This is a very tasty recipe!. The sauce is so tangy and delicious! It was a hit with the whole family!"
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2017
"I used Kaiser rolls which fit the Purdue perfect portion chicken breasts that I used nicely."