"This salad is a unique way to present this pretty spring vegetable," notes Paula Bass of Washington, North Carolina. Mushrooms and walnuts add interest to the creamy dressing that's poured over the cool cooked spears.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Additional walnuts, optional
- In a skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms, onions and walnuts in butter until mushrooms are tender. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and nutmeg. Stir in mushroom mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, place asparagus on a serving platter; top with dressing and walnuts if desire. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Salad Supreme in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p37
Reviews for Asparagus Salad Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review