Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound beef tenderloin roast, cubed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry the beef, onion, salt and pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry asparagus and mushrooms in butter until asparagus is tender. Return beef mixture to the pan. Stir in soy sauce and lemon juice; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry(6)
Sort By :
This is a favorite in my family. I have used sirloin steaks cut up and they are just as good.
Best stir fry I have ever made!!!
Best stir fry
This is delicious!
I used Round Eye instead of Tenderloin, a few dollars per pound less. It worked fine with the butter-sauteed asparagus and mushrooms. Make sure that the asparagus is just a shade tender and still very crisp. The next time I make this, I'll use red pepper flakes and five spice with the beef saute step.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >