I love Filet Mignon, but not its price! While grocery shopping, I picked up a more affordable beef tenderloin tail. I brought it home and came up with this recipe. Now I cook it once a week, plus my husband loves taking the leftovers to work. —Linda Flynn Ellicott City, Maryland
- 1 pound beef tenderloin roast, cubed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry the beef, onion, salt and pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry asparagus and mushrooms in butter until asparagus is tender. Return beef mixture to the pan. Stir in soy sauce and lemon juice; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p41
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review