- 1 pound beef tenderloin roast, cubed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry the beef, onion, salt and pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry asparagus and mushrooms in butter until asparagus is tender. Return beef mixture to the pan. Stir in soy sauce and lemon juice; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry
"Wonderful recipe. Followed the recipe except: no mushrooms but I think they would be wonderful. Added a minced jalape?o, and a dollop of chili garlic sauce at the end because we love spicy. Served over brown jasmine rice, and it was great. Side dish was cakes with salt and rice wine vinegar."
"This is a very quick, tasty recipe. I will add more green onion to this next time and be a little heavier handed with the seasonings. Great for a weekday meal or even lunch."
"Pretty great recipe. I added a bit of powdered garlic and used coconut oil for the asparagus-- it still came out delicious, but I'd opt for a different oil next time."
"It was a big hit with my grandkids!! This is a keeper!"
"My son's favourite stir fry....its a keeper."