We've raised beef the majority of our lives, so I like to try new recipes that feature it. This recipe is different and absolutely delicious.—Margery Bryan, Royal City, Washington
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- Set aside seasoning packet from noodles. Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Cut steak into thin strips. In a large skillet, stir-fry the beef and jalapeno in oil for 1-2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the noodles, water, steak sauce, carrot, onion and contents of seasoning packet. Cook and stir until heated through. Return beef to the pan. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Beef Noodles in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p288
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asian Beef Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review