Asian Asparagus Salad Recipe
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a saucepan, cook the asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Combine the soy sauce, oil, vinegar, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger and cumin; pour over asparagus and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Drain before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Asian Asparagus Salad
Sort By :
This is good, it just needs to soak in the sauce for a couple of hours. Just as the chill time says to do. I did not let it soak and it was tasteful only where the parts had soaked for a few minutes.
This was really good. I tasted it cold and thought it was okay, but decided to warm it after it had been marinated and drained. My family and I preferred it warm.
Everyone liked this. Normally we just add butter & salt to steamed asparagus, but this was a nice change for a cold side dish.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Asian Side Dishes >
- Asian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Asparagus Salad >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salads >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >