A delightful change of pace from hot vegetable side dishes, this lovely asparagus salad gets an Asian twist with a simple marinade and sesame seeds. Once you try it, you'll serve it time and again. -Linda Hutton, Hayden, Idaho
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a saucepan, cook the asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Combine the soy sauce, oil, vinegar, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger and cumin; pour over asparagus and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Drain before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Asparagus Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p39
Reviews for Asian Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review