- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; mix well. Stir in banana and cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in apricots and walnuts.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
Originally published as Apricot Banana Muffins in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p37
Reviews for Apricot Banana Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2013
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2010
We loved these. My children loved them.
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2009