Applesauce Bread Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups applesauce
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the egg and applesauce; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cloves. Stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Applesauce Bread(6)
Sort By :
so good! i used a little less sugar and skipped the raisins and it was still delicious. next time, i'll add the raisins because i like changing things up for the family.
This is an excellent recipe. Great texture and taste.
I was so pleased with this. I will definitely make again but won't use a serrated knife to cut or it falls apart even when it is cooled. I left out the raisins and the walnuts. Fantastic!
It was easy to make and turned out great. My kids loved it!
Very good. My treat hounds devoured it in 2 days. We subbed dried cranberries and pecans for raisins and walnuts, cuz that's what we had.