"You'll find this delicious squash is a welcome change from plain vegetable side dishes," assures Karen Scaglione of Nanuet, New York. "It makes a great accompaniment to pork roast."
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side up in a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Fill centers with apple. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine honey and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until butter is melted. Drizzle over squash. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Stuffed Acorn Squash in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p19
Reviews for Apple-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review