- 1 large tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in an ungreased 2-cup baking dish; sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine the brown sugar, oats, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Apple Crisp For Two
"This is delicious. I doubled the recipe and cooked in a small dutch oven, then topped with vanilla ice cream."
"We love this recipe. I'm making one for us and one for a friend who lives alone. Sooo easy and sooo good"
"Yummy! This recipe was very good! Great to eat right after dinner. I feel like it doesn't make enough for two pepole to have a full dessert, I had to put a lot of icecream with it to make it seem not so small and my boyfriend was sad when he walked back into the kitchen and couldn't find anymore! Next time I will double the recipe! :P"
"I will never understand why people need to force their opinions about ingredients on others.I will listen to a nutritionist before I listen to someone putting their unqualified opinions on a recipe rate and review board. If you dont like an ingredient used or someone mentioning using it no comment is necessary.Simply close the window and look for something in the healthy tab."
"All I can say is "WOW"!! This was absolutely delicious & so easy to prepare! And with a few subs of lower cal ingredients....couldn't ask for a better recipe. Thank u for sharing with us! :)"
"To frostjoyce: PLEASE LOOK UP SPLENDA ONLINE. IT IS MADE BY ALTERING SUGAR CHEMICALLY INTO A CHLOROCARBON -- LIKE DDT. IT'S A POISON. THERE IS A SAFE SWEETENER ON THE MARKET NOW. PLEASE LOOK INTO TRUVIA, MADE FROM THE STEVIA PLANT."
"I have my son, who has diabetis, and his 2 children living with me - so I plan on doubling it and use Splenea Brown sugar - small enough so no leftover."