Apple Cinnamon Turnovers Recipe
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the apple, applesauce, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Separate biscuits; roll out each into a 6-in. circle.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Place a heaping tablespoonful of apple mixture in the center of each. Fold in half and pinch edges to seal. Brush with butter. Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over tops.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Apple Cinnamon Turnovers
Sort By :
I have to admit that I winged it a little -- I substituted an equal amount of ricotta cheese (that I was desperately trying to use up before the sell by date) instead of the applesauce. They didn't taste so great right out of the oven but after about an hour the apples released their sugar and they were much better.....the recipe is definitely worth a try if you follow the recipe!
For such easy preparation, these are good. Be sure to eat them warm from the oven since the biscuits get that weird taste and texture when they cool.
I made these before and they turned out perfectly! In fact I even went as far as to putting strawberry jelly in a few and they were pretty good too!
I ended up having to bake these for an additional 25 minutes covered with foil just so the bottoms would cook and not be doughy.