Around our house, Saturday breakfasts are a time to relax. So I like to serve my family's favorite French toast topped with this homemade syrup. After such a satisfying meal, everyone slowly eases into their hectic day ahead.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring brown sugar, water, butter and cornstarch and cinnamon to a boil; boil for 2 minutes until thick. Reduce heat to medium. Add apples; cook for 10-12 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: about 2 cups.
Originally published as Apple-Cinnamon Syrup in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p46
Reviews for Apple-Cinnamon Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review