- 5 cups torn romaine
- 5 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 large red apple, chopped
- 1 large green apple, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- CIDER VINAIGRETTE:
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup walnut oil or canola oil
- In a salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cider, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in oil. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Apple & Walnut Salad
Sort By :
"Made this for Christmas and it was a hit! I will be making this recipe a regular dish at my house."
"We do not like onions we feel they rob you of the tastes of the other contents. We used a blue cheese. With just these couple of changes we will prepare again"