Almost a Candy Bar Recipe
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 4 chewy s'mores granola bars, chopped
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 2-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a large bowl, combine dough and granola bars. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and marshmallows. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to brown. Sprinkle with walnuts; arrange pretzels over the top. In a small saucepan, melt the peanut butter chips, corn syrup and butter; spoon over bars.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread or drizzle over bars. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Almost a Candy Bar(11)
Sort By :
This recipe is was a hit with everyone!! Thanks for sharing!!
Soooo Gooood! This new bar has been added to my coveted Christmas Cookie tray assortment and I don't add new recipes very often! Chuck full of goodies, there isn't anyone that won't love this bar. Very easy to prepare. I would have to say this is a Candy Bar Bar!!
Soooo Gooood!! This is a new Christmas staple for my cookie tray and I don't add new recipes very often! Was very easy to prepare and everyone loved it, not that there was much to dislike! Can't get more packed with goodies if you tried! I would have to say this is a Candy Bar Bar!!
Almost a Candy Bar Recipe for an Christmas Cookie. The recipe is there to create a special treat! Enjoy! :-)
Walmart has the smores granola bars. This was way to sweet. Most everyone who tried them said that to me. I even left off the final layer of milk chocolate chips! My final layer was a combination of pnut butter/chocolate chips. 1 pkg mixed with the syrup and butter. I am trying to figure out how to make them again but not so sweet! Perhaps leaving out the marshmallows or 1/2 bag of butterscotch chips.
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Candy Bar Recipes >
- Candy Bars >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >