Says Barb Wyman from her kitchen in Hankinson, North Dakota: "Because I love candy bars and marshmallows, this recipe was a cinch to invent—and I’ve yet to find anyone who doesn’t enjoy it! The quick bars make great individually wrapped treats for picnics, lunch boxes or out-the-door snacking. And with all the different layers and flavors, they’re sure to please just about everyone."
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 4 chewy s'mores granola bars, chopped
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 2-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Let dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a large bowl, combine dough and granola bars. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and marshmallows. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to brown. Sprinkle with walnuts; arrange pretzels over the top. In a small saucepan, melt the peanut butter chips, corn syrup and butter; spoon over bars.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread or drizzle over bars. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Almost a Candy Bar in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p33
Reviews for Almost a Candy Bar
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review