Deep-Fried Candy Bars on a Stick
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 fun-size Snickers and/or Milky Way candy bars, frozen
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Wooden skewers
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Whisk together first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together egg, water, milk and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Dip candy bars, a few at a time, into batter; fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Insert skewers into bars. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 fried candy bar (calculated without confectioners' sugar): 136 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 26, 2015
Easy to make and tasted great! Had them made within 15 minutes! Used candy bars and Oreos, but this batter can be used for just about anything. Twinkies?? : )
Jan 2, 2012
This is such a fun recipe. Kids got involved in choosing which candy bar they wanted. The batter is so good that it is good just fried in itself and dippped in powdered sugar. Love this recipe...fun for New Years
Sep 13, 2011
. . .if I can figure out what I did wrong, the batter wasn't much like a batter. . .it was dough. I didn't have any 2 percent milk only whole but that should not have made a difference, i used whole milk with a different recipe i found online and it worked perfect. Maybe too much flour by accident? Idk.