7 Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 medium nectarines, thinly sliced
- 1 large firm banana, thinly sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups watermelon balls
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, water and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add nectarines and banana; toss to coat.
- In a 2-1/2-qt. glass bowl, combine the remaining fruits. Add nectarine mixture; stir gently. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for 7 Fruit Salad(8)
Sort By :
I felt the natural flavor of the fruit was masked by the lime. In the future I think I will look for a salad that has a sauce you can serve on the side.
This a crowd favorite, very tasty and easy to make. A great salad for the summertime.
Family and extended family ass for this at every family gathering.
here's another way to prepare it-when I sent in this recipe to TOH magizine years ago, the directions called for it to be layered with the bananas, kiwi and sweet cherries on top as a garnish (the cherries were left off when it was published). the layers look pretty in a tall glass bowl.
Whenever I make this fruit salad I'm asked what's on it. The lime, sugar and water just perk up the fruit. DELICIOUS!