- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 medium nectarines, thinly sliced
- 1 large firm banana, thinly sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups watermelon balls
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, water and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add nectarines and banana; toss to coat.
- In a 2-1/2-qt. glass bowl, combine the remaining fruits. Add nectarine mixture; stir gently. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for 7 Fruit Salad
"I still have the print issue of this from the 90s. In that version they called for rinsed, canned mandarin oranges not nectarines. The combination of lime juice, water and sugar is amazing! I omit the watermelon personally. Everyone loves this and asks for it often when I am bringing a dish. Nobody ever guesses that the key to the flavor is lime juice. This is the only fruit salad recipe I ever use. But I have to say here in PA it is best made when all of the fruits are starting to actually come in season. And I use red or purple grapes. Green just don't do it for me."
"This was very tasty. Next time I will cut back on the lime juice a little. I took this to a party and everyone really enjoyed it! I will definitely be making this again!"
"Excellent recipe! I have had chef's ask me for this recipe because it is so delicious and the flavor is out of this world. Did I mention it is easy!"
"I felt the natural flavor of the fruit was masked by the lime. In the future I think I will look for a salad that has a sauce you can serve on the side."
"This a crowd favorite, very tasty and easy to make. A great salad for the summertime."