- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute carrots, cabbage, celery, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Add water, tomatoes and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach, macaroni and pepper; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as 30-Minute Minestrone in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p12
Reviews for 30-Minute Minestrone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2010
"Love this quick version of Minestrone soup.. Make it all the time after church for a quick hot lunch."
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2009
"This soup is very easy to make and a hit with everyone. I add kidney beans. Definitely worth trying."