- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Orange food coloring, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add extracts and vinegar; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved, about 6 minutes. Beat in food coloring if desired.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #10 round pastry tip. Fill bag with egg white mixture. Pipe 1-1/2-in.-diameter ghosts onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Add two chips on each for eyes.
- Bake at 250° for 40-45 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave cookies in oven for 1 hour. Carefully remove from parchment paper. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for "Boo"-rrific Kisses
Sort By :
These are super cute and super easy! My shapes didn't turn out like the picture, but they were still ghostly. This will be an annual Halloween treat.
These have a great taste to them. It's kind of like making angel food cake. I didn't use the orange food coloring. The hardest part was putting the eyes on. Great recipe, thanks!
These were nice and festive. Everyone enjoyed them, especially the kids! I didn't make mine so pointy, or use orange food coloring and they turned out great.
My kids and great grandchildren love them. can't make only one patch.
I first made these about 15 years ago, as a Halloween treat for a neighbor's kids, who weren't allowed real trick-or-treat candy. And I've made it every year since! People expect them, and the reviews are always great!