Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut asparagus or 3/4 pound fresh cut asparagus, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham, chopped
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. In a large saucepan, melt butter; blend in flour, onion, garlic powder and pepper. Add broth and milk; cook and stir until bubbly and thickened. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Stir mushrooms into the remaining sauce. Lay 3 noodles in the pan. Top with asparagus, chicken, mozzarella and about 1 cup sauce. Top with 3 more noodles, the cooked ham and half of the remaining sauce. Cover with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 322 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Apr 1, 2015
added fresh mushroom, garlic and onion instead of canned or powdered.. Awesome make ahead meal.. Awesome as left overs.. Ham adds a great additional flavor
Jan 4, 2015
Perfect. Wouldn't change a thing.
May 19, 2011
I made this for my family and they loved it!I followed the recipe exactly and it was delicious. They said this was definitely a keeper recipe.
Nov 2, 2009
Just made it November 1st. What a great entree to serve on a chilly November day. I used fresh asparagus; boneless chicken thigh meat and sauteed onion and garlic in the butter (instead of the dried onion and garlic powder). Served this w/canned cranberries, garlic bread and cabbage salad.