Fresh or frozen raspberries folded into a thick strawberry glaze turn a boxed cake mix into a festive finale to any meal. My husband isn't a chocolate fan, so this is a great substitute. I'm often asked for the recipe.
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Raspberries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 carton (16 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, combine strawberry glaze and water in a bowl; gently fold in raspberries. Serve with cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as White Cake with Raspberry Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p31
Reviews forWhite Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2014
"So simple, a good friend requests it every year for her birthday."
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2012
"Great Tasting I used Ice cream Strawberry glazed Topping it work out well.."