Triple-Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes12 servings (2-2/3 cups sauce)
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mixes, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place water, raspberries and sugar in a blender; cover and process until well blended. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and lemon juice; stir in raspberry puree. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until serving.
- Dust cake with confectioners' sugar. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 slice with about 3 tablespoons sauce: 466 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 6, 2015
Delicious! I also used the devil's food cake mix since that is what I had on hand. Easy to make and impressive to serve for guests or for a special meal at home.
Oct 11, 2014
My husband thinks this is the best cake ever. I, too, used the devil's food mix. And I used a chocolate glaze, the three times I have made it
Mar 3, 2014
I made this for my daughter in law and son in law's birthdays. We all loved it. I could not find the sweetened raspberries, so I used sweetened strawberries, it was great. I also used a double chocolate cake mix. I will definitely be making this again.
Feb 19, 2012
I have made this twice. The second time I used double rich cake mix and drizzled a chocolate glaze in each of the ridges of the cake and served with redi whip and ice cream. Both ways turned out great.
Nov 25, 2011
Delicious & not too sweet. I used a devil's food cake mix instead of the chocolate.