Triple-Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes12 servings (2-2/3 cups sauce)
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mixes, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place water, raspberries and sugar in a blender; cover and process until well blended. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and lemon juice; stir in raspberry puree. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until serving.
- Dust cake with confectioners' sugar. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 slice with about 3 tablespoons sauce: 466 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 6, 2015
Delicious! I also used the devil's food cake mix since that is what I had on hand. Easy to make and impressive to serve for guests or for a special meal at home.
Oct 11, 2014
My husband thinks this is the best cake ever. I, too, used the devil's food mix. And I used a chocolate glaze, the three times I have made it
Mar 3, 2014
I made this for my daughter in law and son in law's birthdays. We all loved it. I could not find the sweetened raspberries, so I used sweetened strawberries, it was great. I also used a double chocolate cake mix. I will definitely be making this again.
Feb 19, 2012
I have made this twice. The second time I used double rich cake mix and drizzled a chocolate glaze in each of the ridges of the cake and served with redi whip and ice cream. Both ways turned out great.
Nov 25, 2011
Delicious & not too sweet. I used a devil's food cake mix instead of the chocolate.