Weeknight Pasta Squiggles
This zesty pasta dish is ideal for busy weeknights. It's low on ingredients and easy to prep, and it tastes so comforting when the weather turns cool. A salad on the side makes it a meal. —Stacey Brown, Spring, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes with basil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added whole tomatoes
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta (about 12 ounces)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook and crumble sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, coarsely chop tomatoes, reserving juices.
- Add tomatoes and reserved juices to sausage; stir in pasta, broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until pasta is al dente, 15-18 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with cheese.