- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag
- #7 round pastry tip
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a heavy saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth and shiny. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert tip. On a greased baking sheet, pipe thirty-six 2-in.-long "S" shapes for the swan necks, making a small dollop at the end of each for the head. Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. For the swan bodies, drop remaining batter by 36 level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. With a small icing knife or spatula, shape batter into 2-in. x 1-1/2-in. teardrops. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. cool on wire racks. Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions for pie filling; chill. Just before serving, cut off top third of swan bodies; set tops aside. Remove any soft dough inside. Spoon filling into bottoms of puffs. Top each with a small amount of jam if desired. Cut reserved tops in half lengthwise to form wings; set wings in filing. Place necks in filling. Dust with confectioners' sugar; serve immediately. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forWedding Swan Cream Puffs
"awesome...out of this world....the presentation alone is worth 5 stars....the texture and flavor another10 stars"