Strawberry Shortcake Puffs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry to a 10-in. square; cut into 12 rectangles (approx. 3x2-1/2 in.). Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, toss strawberries with 1/4 cup sugar. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. In another bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla and remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- To serve, split pastries horizontally in half. Top each bottom half with 2 tablespoons whipped cream and 1 tablespoon strawberries; replace top half. Top with remaining whipped cream and strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 246 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 15, 2020
Thank you for your ideas and movement you have created https://www.credosystemz.com/courses/angular-training-in-chennai/
Aug 31, 2019
Made this last night. A yummy change from traditional biscuits. Definitely a guest worthy dessert! Thanks Jenny
Apr 12, 2018
This couldn't be easier and more delightful - gorgeous to look at and a treat to eat. great recipe