- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add zucchini and mushrooms; saute 3-5 minutes. Add tomato, onions, garlic and seasonings. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, about 3 minutes. Drain linguine; add to vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses and basil. Toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forVegetarian Linguine
"Excellent. I will be making this again and again."
"Loved it! I will be making this again. I added too much basil, but you couldn't even tell. VERY good!"
"Mmmm...yum. I enjoyed making and eating this, but it wasn't really somthing to remeber."
"I've made this recipe many times and everyone in my family loves it. It has a lot of flavor! I've made it as a side dish and a main dish."
"This was so good. I also used some chicken in it."
"Yummmm. Loved it."
"I added squash and put the cheese on the individual plate. This was the perfect dish for my family. I have a son who is allergic to dairy. He loved this dish! So happy I tried it. It was very easy to make as well."
"as a vegetarian i am always looking for new stuff to make, this was verry delicious and super easy to make, and the whole family loved it!! i plan on taking it to my county fair for my 4H foods project, i hope for good results :)"
"The whole family loved this! I added chicken and used whole wheat linguine. It was very yummy!"