Tuscan Chicken and Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, rosemary, salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat until browned.
- Stir in broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add beans; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 216 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Aug 22, 2017
Healthy, easy, weeknight meal!
Aug 19, 2014
This was suprizingly good. I used cut up thiegh meat because it is what I had on hand Served it up with some hot bread and cut up cantalope. Will make again soon.
Jan 30, 2013
Very quick & easy. We used Great Northern beans because our store was out of cannellini beans, also added 1 clove of garlic. Turned out great (none left for leftovers)
Oct 16, 2012
So much flavor with only a few ingredients! Quick, easy and served with a herb salad mix!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.