- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel rods
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a double boiler, melt caramels in water. Dip half of each pretzel into the hot caramel. Place on a greased sheet of foil to cool. In a saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening over low heat. Dip caramel-coated end of pretzels into the chocolate; sprinkle with nuts. Return to foil. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forTurtle Pretzels
"This is a unique method for decorating Pretzel Rods in the Turtle Flavored method. The recipe yields 15 servings with 2 equaling a single serving (30 are in a complete set for the recipe). They are real mind challenges, in creating the final treat. Try not to flatten when laying upon a foil lined cookie sheet. Your guests will be enchanted by the tasting finish you have installed upon each one!"
"Made this for a church coffee hour for the kids...adults enjoyed just as much--it was a huge hit. I used dark melting chocolate and it took at least another cup of pecans."
"What a fun treat for a party! Yum!"