Parmesan Pretzel Rods
For the snack fans on your gift list, these cheesy pretzels are terrific. The coated rods get great flavor from garlic powder, oregano and cayenne.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) pretzel rods
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, garlic powder, oregano and cayenne; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat butter and oil until butter is melted. Coat two-thirds of each pretzel rod with butter mixture, then roll in cheese mixture. Reheat butter mixture if needed.
- Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 275° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 173 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Parmesan Pretzels in Country Woman Christmas 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.