Turkey Salad Croissants
When she wants to feed her family without heating up the kitchen, Kim Due of Friend, Nebraska turns to this tasty sandwich filling. "I keep the creamy crunchy mixture on hand for lunches and after-school snacks," she says. "It's a great way to use up leftover turkey and make the most of garden-fresh vegetables.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped radishes
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Place lettuce and 2/3 cup turkey salad on each croissant.
Originally published as Turkey Salad Croissants in Quick Cooking July/August 2001
Oct 28, 2011
Great way to use "Planned Over" turkey. I usually have some that is cubed in the freezer. Makes for a quick lunch or light dinner.
Jan 7, 2011
Outstanding. Great way to use leftovers!