Tomato and Avocado Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic salt, oregano and cumin. Arrange tomatoes and avocados on lettuce if desired. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 232 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 30, 2017
Great way to use our tomato bounty
Aug 29, 2012
Great light side. But like all dishes with avocado, best to make exactly enough as you need as leftovers don't hold up well.
May 1, 2012
I love avocado and the dressing on this is great.
Jun 7, 2010
The flavors are awesome!! Even my five children ages 16-9 loved this!! Will make over and over and over again!!! Thanks. It is great to have a way to use my fresh tomatoes. YUM!
May 12, 2010
I love this salad..it is especially good when served with chicken tacos-like the ones in the picture.