Three Loaves in One
Three Loaves in One from our Test Kitchen is just that. It lets you make three mini quick breads-blueberry, zucchini and cinnamon-with one basic batter. You simply mix up the batter, divide it among three small loaf pans and add the flavor ingredients. You can enjoy one bread today and freeze the other two for another meal…or whenever you crave a healthy snack.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes3 mini loaves (6 slices each)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- FOR ZUCCHINI BREAD:
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- FOR BLUEBERRY BREAD:
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- FOR CINNAMON BREAD:
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon 2% milk
- Coat three 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Whisk the egg, orange juice and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer 3/4 cup batter to another bowl; stir in the zucchini, orange zest and cinnamon. Pour into one prepared pan. Transfer 3/4 cup batter to a second bowl. Toss blueberries with flour; fold into batter. Pour into second pan. Combine honey and orange juice; set aside.
- Stir sour cream into remaining batter; spoon half of the batter into third pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Top with remaining batter; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Bake all three loaves at 325° for 33-36 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Pour reserved honey mixture over warm blueberry bread. Cool loaves for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over cooled cinnamon bread.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 56 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Jun 23, 2014
i made all three recipes and it was so nice to have such a recipe that can be used so many different ways. i really like the blueberry bread and would make it again and again
Dec 30, 2013
I've made this many times, and it's always delicious!