- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 mahi mahi fillets (6 ounces each)
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salsa verde, optional
- 2 medium limes, cut into wedges
- Hot pepper sauce (Tapatio preferred)
- In a 13x9-in. baking dish, whisk the first five ingredients. Add fillets; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Drain fish and discard marinade. On an oiled grill rack, grill mahi mahi, covered, over medium-high heat (or broil 4 in. from heat) until it flakes easily with a fork, 4-5 minutes per side. Remove fish. Place tortillas on grill rack; heat through, 30-45 seconds. Keep warm.
- To assemble, divide fish among the tortillas; layer with red cabbage, cilantro and, if desired, salsa verde. Squeeze a little lime juice and hot pepper sauce over fish mixture; fold sides of tortilla over mixture. Serve with lime wedges and additional pepper sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forThe Ultimate Fish Tacos
"Delicious fish tacos. Loved the cardamom spice. Enjoyed eating the leftovers for lunch."
"These tacos were flavorful and easy to cook, while still mild enough that my preschooler and toddler adored them. We just left the salsa off of theirs! Cardamom adds a fun twist on the spicing."