- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) ginger beer or ginger ale
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown beef in batches. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger beer, teriyaki sauce, garlic and sesame seeds; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Stir in peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTeriyaki Beef Stew
"I made this last night. It was good. The sauce really needs to be doubled. I will be making this again. The kids even liked it."
"This recipe just didn't work for me. The meat was dry, it needed flavor and the sauce never thickened."
"This was a wonderfully tasty stew. I didn't have a ginger beer but, I did have a pumpkin ale that I used instead. I served it over rice and my son and husband loved it. The meat was so tender and the asian seasonings were delicious."