- 2 pounds frozen whole green beans
- 12 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cook beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; reserve drippings.
- In same pan, saute onions in drippings over medium heat until tender and lightly browned, 7-9 minutes. In a bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Drain beans and add to warm dressing; toss and heat through. Top with bacon. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTangy Bacon Green Beans
"Didn't care for the taste of this recipe. A little more work than it's worth."